Debilitating shoulder pain is one of the most common complications of a vehicular collision. Recovering from this type of injury can be a complicated process. Conventional treatment methods typically focus on relieving the symptoms. However, without dealing with the roots of the pain, car accident injuries may get worse. For a natural, holistic approach to treating shoulder pain, consider exploring your options with Dr. Mammales, your trusted car accident chiropractor in Royal Palm Beach.
Causes of Collision-Related Shoulder Pain
Shoulder pain can be a result of various strains, sprains, and other musculoskeletal damage that occur following a car crash. It can be a result of these top vehicular accident injuries:
- Whiplash Whiplash usually leads to back and neck pain, but the pain can also travel down the shoulders and arms. A limited range of mobility, muscle soreness, and stiffness accompany this type of injury.
- Torn Rotator Cuff High-impact accidents like car collisions can cause a tear in the shoulder muscles, an injury is also known as a torn rotator cuff.
- Injury to Soft Tissues Soft tissues refer to tendons, muscles, ligaments, and other parts of your body that are not bone. Being thrown around the vehicle’s cabin during impact can injure the soft tissues surrounding your shoulders.
There can be several reasons for your shoulder pain. As such, it is crucial to identify the correct one to determine the appropriate treatment and prevent further injuries. Only when the root cause is determined will a Royal Palm Beach chiropractor proceed with your treatment plan.
Chiropractic Treatment for Shoulder Pain
Chiropractors utilize a wide range of methods to treat shoulder pain. Depending on the severity and cause of your injury, your chiropractor may recommend:
- Spinal Adjustment Considered one of the cornerstones of chiropractic care, spinal adjustments are used to realign your vertebrae. A chiropractor in the 33411 area will gently but firmly work on your spine’s alignment to decrease pressure on the joints and enhance your range of motion.
- Physical Rehabilitation Part of chiropractic treatment is physical rehab, which includes exercise and stretches that contribute to better shoulder mobility and strength.
- Massage Therapy Tension and knots in your muscles and joints are major contributors to pain after a car accident. Your car accident chiropractor in Royal Palm Beach will employ precise massage techniques to release these knots, improve blood flow, and accelerate healing.
Chiropractic Care: Holistic Treatment for Collision Injuries
Many people walk away from car accidents thinking they haven’t sustained any injury, only to experience shoulder pain, whiplash, and other conditions that only manifest a few hours or weeks after a collision.
If you’ve recently been involved in a crash, it’s strongly recommended to see a car accident chiropractor in the 33411 area. Benefits include:
- A holistic approach that goes beyond symptoms
- Natural treatment methods that don’t involve medication or surgical
- Speeds up the recovery process
- Relieves pain
- Helps prevent future injuries
Whether you’re seeking treatment for your post-accident injuries or simply seeking a new path to a healthier lifestyle, our team at Cobblestone Chiropractic & Wellness, led by Dr. Mammales, will be happy to assist your journey. Call us at 561-753-2225 for questions or to schedule a consultation